Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a vegetarian version of a Phase 1 recipe from the South Beach Diet book. I used Quorn brand mock chicken, but any non-breaded variety should do fine as well. I actually enjoyed this so much that I plan on making it long after Phase 1 is over!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 pieces vegetarian chicken substitute (such as Quorn Naked Chik'n Cutlets)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add in the chik'n (frozen) and saute for about 3-4 minutes.
- Turn over the chik'n and add the onion. Cook covered for about 2-3 more minutes, stirring occasionally and checking on the chik'n to make sure it isn't getting too brown.
- Add in the garlic, rosemary, and vegetable broth and cook covered for about 5 more minutes until the onion is tender.
- Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper (for a bit of a kick).
This was so easy to make...I served with steamed broccoli and 2% cottage cheese.........
My husband is a picky eater but he ate this right down...
I will be making it again...........