1/1 Photo of South Beach Diet Tiramisu
Kelly's Kravings's Note:
A delightful dessert for Phase 2. From the South Beach Supercharged book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Splenda granular, plus
- 2 teaspoons Splenda granular
- 6 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free whipped topping
- 1/4 cup strongly brewed decaffeinated espresso
- 1Heat the oven to 350°F
- 2Lightly coat an 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- 3In a large bowl, with an electric mixer at high speed, beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt until soft peaks form, about 5 minutes. Add 1/2 tsp of the vanilla and beat to combine. Add 1/3 cup of the sugar substitute and beat until stiff peaks form. Sift 2 TB of the flour over beaten egg whites and gently fold to incorporate. Repeat twice with remaining flour until all the flour is incorporated.
- 4Pour batter into the pan and gently smooth the top. Bake, turning once halfway through, until cake is golden and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- 5In a small bowl, combine ricotta, whipped topping, remaining 2 tsp sugar substitute, and remaining 1/4 tsp vanilla. Cut cake in half vertically down the middle to make two 4x8 pieces. Place the halves on a flat work surface. Drizzle 2 TB of the espresso onto each half.
- 6Spread half of the ricotta mixture onto one of the cake halves and dust with half of the cocoa powder. Top with remaining cake half; spread the top with remaining ricotta mixture and dust with remaining cocoa powder. Using a serrated knife, gently cut cake crosswise into 4 slices. Eat & Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South Beach Diet Tiramisu
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.0
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 204.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free whipped topping