Our own twist on the Beach. Spicy, savory, tasty and oh so low in fat and carbs! What's not to love? Try substituting your favorite veggies, cheeses, or chicken...experiment and enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups egg substitute
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced (or a mixture 2 different colored peppers-red, yellow or orange)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (to taste)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, ground (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup low-fat cheddar cheese (or low fat Mexican cheese blend)
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Line 12 muffin tins with foil baking cups and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- 3Thaw and drain frozen spinach, wring out well by hand.
- 4Use a fork or wire wisk to gently blend the eggs and egg substitute.
- 5Add the spinach, peppers, jalapeno, salt and seasonings and mix well with a whisk (or fork).
- 6Use a large spoon to fill the foil cups with the egg mixture. Make sure the mixture is evenly distributed between the cups.
- 7Sprinkle with cheese.
- 8Bake for 20 minutes, testing with a knife to make sure the eggs are set in the middle.
- 9Turn the oven to broil and brown the cheese (2-3 minutes maximum).
- 10Remove from oven and cool slightly before removing from muffin tin.
- 11Can be stored in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South Beach Diet Spicy Veggie Quiche Cups
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.7
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 88.8 mg
- Sodium 205.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 7.4 g