Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 mins
This is a Phase 1 dish. You can use fish such as grouper, halibut, or tilapia.
Make and share this South Beach Diet Spicy Grilled Fish and Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup low-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs firm white fish fillets
- 2 medium red peppers, cut into 6 pieces
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 6 pieces
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Mix dressing and crushed red pepper. Pour half of dressing mixture over fish in resealable plastic bag; pour remaining mixture over peppers in separate resealable plastic bag. Seal bags. Turn bags over several times to evenly coat fish and peppers. Refrigerate 15 minutes to marinate.
- Remove fish from marinade; discard marinade. Remove peppers from marinade, reserving marinade. Place peppers on grill. Top with fish; cover grill with lid.
- Grill 4 minutes; carefully turn fish. Brush with reserved marinade from peppers. Grill, covered, an additional 2 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork. Place fish and peppers on plate; let stand 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro.
This dish tastes amazing! Grilling the fish makes it really flaky and the peppers make it all taste great!