1/1 Photo of South Beach Diet Shepherd's Pie
Kelly's Kravings's Note:
Phase 1 Recipe from the new SuperCharged book for South Beach. This is a favorite of my husbands- since he loves Shepherd's Pie & South Beach.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 cups shelled frozen edamame, defrosted
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon low-fat sour cream
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1Heat the oven to 350. Spray a 2 quart casserole with cooking spray.
- 2Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil. Add cauliflower and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add beef and brown for 10 minutes, stirring to break up lumps. Add edamame and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes longer. Stir in broth and Worcestershire sauce. Season with pepper and a pinch of salt. Transfer meat mixture to the casserole.
- 4With an electric mixer at medium speed, whip the cooked cauliflower with sour cream, egg yolk, and another pinch of salt. Spoon cauliflower evenly over meat. Top with cheese and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden on top. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South Beach Diet Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.8
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 116.6 mg
- Sodium 162.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 44.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium beef broth
reduced-fat cheddar cheese