1/1 Photo of South Beach Diet Sausage Veggie Breakfast Muffins
I got this recipe from a South Beach Diet Cookbook. They are so easy to make and the veggies change with the seasons. I make a few batches at a time and freeze them in individual zip locks for an easy grab and go in the morning. Just nuke them for 1 minute and go! Not just for breakfast but for a healthy snack. They travel well too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1NOTE: You can use egg substitute (I always keep a container handy).
- 2Heat oven to 350.
- 3Crumble your italian sauge in a skillet with NO oil until nicely browned. (you can also use the italian patties).
- 4Drain on paper towels and set aside in bowl.
- 5Chop your peppers and onion and saute in same skillet until soft. Add to your sausages and mix well.
- 6Spray your muffin tins and fill 1/2 way with sausage mix. If using whole eggs, beat and pour just to barely cover mix in tins. If using egg substitute, just pour to just barely cover.
- 7Sprinkle Parm cheese over top, this will form a nice crust. Place muffin tin on top of large cookie sheet incase of dripping.
- 8Bake for 10 - 15 minuters until slightly puffed.
- 9There's no seasoning to add because the sausage is pre-seasoned. You can also make this with Turkey Sausage and use whatever veggies you like!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South Beach Diet Sausage Veggie Breakfast Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.0
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 95.7 mg
- Sodium 544.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 11.1 g