This is a Phase 1 dish.
Make and share this South Beach Diet Grilled Salmon With Artichoke Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons low fat balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 salmon fillets (4 oz. each)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 cup chopped plum tomato
- 1⁄4 cup chopped drained marinated artichoke hearts
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pitted ripe olives
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Mix dressing and lemon juice. Pour half of the dressing mixture over salmon in large resealable plastic bag. Seal bag; refrigerate while preparing the salsa.
- Combine remaining dressing mixture, parsley, tomatoes, artichokes, cheese, and olives. Let stand at room temperature until ready to serve.
- Remove salmon from the dressing mixture; discard bag and dressing mixture. Grill salmon 5 minutes on each side or until salmon flakes easily with fork. Serve with the salsa.
This is a delicious, healthy, & easy recipe. I served it on top of mixed salad greens with grilled asparagus. I used the full salsa recipe for 2 servings, so there was no need for additional salad dressing. I substituted capers for black olives in the salsa. I layered the ingredients on our plates; greens, asparagus, salmon, salsa. Sorry I didn't take a picture....it was so pretty!
The sauce is excellent. My husband put it over chicken and it tasted even better than the salmon.
I am always completely baffled when reviews on a recipe are all 5 stars and it didn't fit my taste at all. I found the lemon juice overpowered the salsa and it was very sour. I tried to doctor it to no avail and ended up throwing it out. Sorry but this did not work at all for me.