Recipe by Chef DRAN
These light airy little puffs of chocolate kept me from straying from Phase 1! Delicious!
Top Review by Kckboxxy
I just made them and ate the entire batch like a previous poster. I could not believe what a nice meringue one can make with Splenda granular! Those who said they ended up with runny messes had to have used commercially available pasteurized egg whites which will not whip to a meringue no matter what you do. Take a few seconds to separate 3 eggs and these are easy and awesome. I added almond extract and 1/3 cup almond meal to make a fuller cookie. Can't wait to make these again in a double recipe and use a piping bag to make them pretty.
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda granular (I used a little less than 2/3)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 handful of crushed almonds (optional) or 1 pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Combine egg whites, cream of tartar, and vanilla. Beat until the whites form soft peaks. Slowly add sugar substitute and cocoa; beat until stiff peaks form, and mixture becomes glossy.
- Optional - Fold in nuts.
- Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls on to a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.