Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a Phase 2 dish. This dip is great to eat at any time. Serve with a whole-wheat pita or veggies. Jazz It Up: Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup salsa (thick 'n chunky preferred)
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pitted ripe olives, sliced
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- Blend in seasoning mix.
- Spread onto bottom of 9-inch pie plate or quiche dish.
- Top with layers of the remaining ingredients; cover.
- Refrigerate several hours or until chilled.
- Serve with cut-up fresh vegetables or whole-wheat pita.
Great - I used kidney beans instead of black beans and browned ground turkey instead of olives. Used whole-grain chips and whole wheat pita as suggested. Family was thrilled with it and I was happy to have a taste of Mexican again!