Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is a Phase 1 dish. This simple omelet tastes indulgent with the ham and cheese, but it's also good for you.
- 2 eggs
- 29.58 ml nonfat milk
- 3 slice thin-sliced smoked lunch meat ham, chopped
- 4.92 ml green onion, thinly sliced
- 0.25 ml black pepper
- 59.14 ml shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Beat eggs and milk in small bowl with fork until blended. Add ham, onion, and pepper; mix well.
- Spray an 8-in. nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet; cover. Cook on medium heat 6 minutes or until egg mixture is set but top is still moist.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly onto half of omelet. Using spatula, fold egg mixture over filling; cover.
- Remove from heat; let stand 1 minute.
- Cut in half to serve.
I eat a lot of omelets and this one ranks right up there. I like that you don't prefry the onions - they still had crunch just the way I like them. I left out the cheese but did add some BBQ sauce just before serving. Thanks for a lovely Sunday Brunch
I used 1 egg and 2 egg whites. Excellent!