Recipe by Jenti
This is a low carb, SB friendly, really quick and delicious breakfast. I found this and a couple others on a SB forum and wanted to post it here so I wouldn't lose it like all the other recipes I print out! I have found if you use a regular size (salad, soup, cereal size) bowl it works the best. Put a small spoonfull of sugar free jam in the middle after it's done cooking and cooled down a bit to make any flavor danish you like! Yum!
Top Review by gadgetamor
I could never get this to work quite right for me. The center always remained gooey and the edges always got hard, even after trying multiple cooking times/powers. The part that did come out was acceptable though and a welcome change for breakfast besides regular eggs.
- 2 ounces low-fat cream cheese or 2 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 g sugar substitute (1 packet)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften the cream cheese in the microwave in a regular size, microwaveable bowl for about 20 seconds.
- In the same bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese, sugar sub., vanilla, cinnamon and the egg until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure all the cream cheese is incorporated into the batter.
- Microwave on high in 30 second increments; turning the bowl 1/4 turn after each 30 seconds until the edges are firm and the center is slightly soft (like a danish). Mine usually takes about 1 1/2 minutes to cook but it depends on the microwave.
- Run a small knife or spatula around the edges of the bowl to release the danish. Turn out onto a plate.
- Let cool down until warm or cooled entirely before eating.