1/2 Photos of South Beach Cream of Broccoli Soup
I went on the South Beach Diet two years ago because I wanted to develop healthy eating habits. My whole family really enjoys this soup. This recipe came from The South Beach Diet Online.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the broccoli into florets and set aside.
- 2Trim and discard the tough fibrous skin from the stems, coarsely chop and set aside.
- 3In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, warm the oil.
- 4Add leeks and celery and saute for 8 minutes, or until the leeks are soft.
- 5Add the broccoli stems and broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 6Add the broccoli florets and simmer for 10 minutes more.
- 7Puree the mixture in a food processor or blender. Return to saucepan.
- 8In a small bowl, whisk together 1 cup of evaporated milk with the cornstarch until smooth.
- 9Slowly add to the broccoli mixture, stirring constantly over medium heat.
- 10Stir in the remaining milk, thyme, and pepper. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South Beach Cream of Broccoli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (573 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.3
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.1 mg
- Sodium 959.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 19.3 g