Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from South Beach. Try adding other extracts, such as peppermint, cherry, almond, coconut, raspberry, or banana.
Top Review by mizunihung
If you're lactose intolerant, you can use unsweetened almond milk as a substitute for this recipe during SBD Phase 1. I did use 1% milk first try and it was very tasty. It satisfies your chocolate or sweet tooth cravings. Like the other reviewers, I added in ice cubes (10-12) into a blender with the mixture to turn it into a shake - it was even better.
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons granular sugar substitute
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups cold 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ice cube
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, stir together cocoa powder, sugar substitute, and salt.
- Slowly pour in 1 cup of the milk and whisk until smooth. Whisk in remaining 2 cups milk and vanilla.
- Fill 4 (8-ounce) glasses with ice. Pour Chilly Chocolate over ice and serve.