Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from South Beach. Try adding other extracts, such as peppermint, cherry, almond, coconut, raspberry, or banana.
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons granular sugar substitute
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups cold 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ice cube
- In a medium bowl, stir together cocoa powder, sugar substitute, and salt.
- Slowly pour in 1 cup of the milk and whisk until smooth. Whisk in remaining 2 cups milk and vanilla.
- Fill 4 (8-ounce) glasses with ice. Pour Chilly Chocolate over ice and serve.
If you're lactose intolerant, you can use unsweetened almond milk as a substitute for this recipe during SBD Phase 1. I did use 1% milk first try and it was very tasty. It satisfies your chocolate or sweet tooth cravings. Like the other reviewers, I added in ice cubes (10-12) into a blender with the mixture to turn it into a shake - it was even better.
We have been on the SB Diet for almost one month now and this was a great treat! I cut the recipe in half and used the blender to mix it. I added 6-8 ice cubes to the blender to make it thicker and more like a shake. I will definitely make this again and will try adding some different extract flavours to switch things up. Thanks for posting!
YUM! I made this using banana extract and I think it went really well with the cocoa powder. My only issue was that the cocoa powder never fully dissolved. Next time Ill give it a whirl in the blender and serve over ice. Thanks! I bet peppermint extract would be awesome in this!