Recipe by *Pixie*
This is a quick and easy meal suitable for the South Beach diet on a week night. The amount of spices listed here give the chicken a very mild kick. This is not a hot dish, although you could make it so if you wished.
Top Review by GinaXOXO
I have made this a couple of times. We really like it. We omit the onion and cube the chicken and peppers. We love it. It is healthy and a "whole foods" meal that my whole family will eat. Thank you for posting Pixie.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 small onions, peeled and cut into eigths
- 1 green bell pepper, deseeded and cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 orange bell pepper, deseeded and cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, deseeded and cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush the entire bottom of a large nonstick skillet with the olive oil using a pastry brush.
- Cook the garlic for about a minute over a medium heat then add the chicken, stirring as required to cook all the sides of the chunks.
- Sprinkle the paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper over the chicken and stir to evenly coat.
- Add the onion and cook for a minute or two before adding all the peppers.
- Cook stirring occasionally until the peppers are tender and the chicken is done.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and stir well to mix.