Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Phase I recipe
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry vinegar or 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind, finely shredded
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 12 oz total)
- 8 -10 cups torn spinach or 8 -10 cups torn mixed greens
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 papayas, peeled, seeded, and sliced or 2 medium nectarines, pitted and sliced
- In a screw-top jar, combine the vinegar, 4 Tbs f the oil, the honey, orange peel, salt, and pepper. Cover and shake well. Chill the dressing til serving time.
- In a med skillet, cook the chicken in the remaining 1 Tbs of oil over med heat for 8-10 min or til the chicken is tender and no longer pink. Turn the chicken often to brown evenly. Remove the chicken from the skillet. Cut into thin, bite-size strips.
- In a large bowl, toss together the warm chicken strips and the spinach or mixed greens. Shake the dressing well. Add the dressing and raspberries to the chicken mixture. Toss lightly to coat well.
- Divide the chicken mixtures among 4 salad plates. Arrange the papaya slices on each plate.