Recipe by Tarbean
Phase I recipe
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Great recipe for flank steak. The marinating makes the steak very tender and tasty. I particularly enjoyed the marinade because it was different than most that call for soy sauce. I like soy sauce marinades but sometimes find them too salty or overpowering. This marinade imparted an understated and wonderful flavor. I marinated the steak for about 5 hours and think it would be fine to even go longer, if needed. We used both flank steak and flat iron steak and both were excellent with this recipe. We did add a little more salt and pepper to the finished steak, after slicing. Thanks! ~Made for My-3-Chefs 2008~
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the steak in a 13"x9" glass baking dish. Combine the tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, onion, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, and salt. Pour the mixture over the steak. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, turning once.
- Place the steak on the broiler rack and brush with the marinade. Broil 3" from heat for 5 minute Turn, brush with the marinade, and broil for 3 min til thermometer registers 145 for med-rare.
- To serve, cut diagonally across the grain into thin slices.