Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Phase I recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 -6 tablespoons white wine (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Combine the rosemary, garlic, pepper, and salt in a small bowl and mix well. Place chicken in a large bowl. Drizzle with the oil, and rub with the spice mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450. Spray a heavy roasting pan or iron skillet with cooking spray. Place chicken in pan and bake for 10 minute Turn chicken over. If drippings begin to stick to the pan, stir in 3-4 Tbs water or wine if using.
- Bake about 10 min til thermometer registers 160 and juices run clear. If the pan is dry, stir in another 1-2 Tbs of water or wine to loosen the drippings. Drizzle the vinegar over the chicken in the pan.
- Transfer the chicken to plates. Stir the liquid in the pan and drizzle over the chicken.
I use this one on my South Beach clients all the time. In the summer, when cherry tomatoes are fresh, I'll add a pint of cherry tomatoes to the roasting pan along with the chicken and it makes it so pretty and colorful!
This dish was surpisingly easy but oh so tasty!
Excellent chicken dish and very easy. Mine did take a little longer than 20 minutes, but I did use chicken thighs (personal preference) instead of chicken breasts. DD & DH loved it and both said they wanted me to make it again. Made for Healthy Choices ABC Tag.