Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Phase III recipe
- 1 cup smuckers light sugar-free apricot preserves
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread
- 4 Cornish hens, thawed
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- Combine the preserves, orange juice, and butter to make the glaze. Rinse the hens and pat dry. Rub the cavities with salt and pepper. Place the hens, breast sides up, on a rack in a roasting pan, ensuring that they do not touch. Pour on the glaze. Roast for 1 hour at 350, basting every 10 min or until the hens are very tender. Test for doneness by pricking the skin of the thigh; the juice should run clear.
- Remove the hens from the oven and let stand for 10 min before serving.