Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 4 hrs
Cook 10 mins
For an authentic South Central American meal, serve this citrus-marinated steak with white rice, pinto beans tossed butter, and a marinated cabbage salad.
- Place steaks in shallow baking dish.
- Pour orange, lemon and lime juices over steaks.
- Add garlic and turn steaks to coat.
- Marinate steaks, covered, for 4 hours or overnight in refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet (I use cast iron) over high heat until almost smoking.
- Season with salt& pepper, and cayenne.
- Fry steaks until brown on both sides, turning once, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to plates and serve.
- You can grill if you prefer.
I usually marinade everything pretty much the same way, so hubby was happy to have a change of taste!! It didn't taste as much like citrus as I thought it would, but that turned out to be good. Next time I will try grilling it, there is nothing better than steak on a grill, and I bet that this marinade would taste good when basted on during grilling. I also enjoyed have the cayenne pepper mingled in with the citrus taste, it gave it a pleasant bite to it. Will definitely use this marinade again, next time will try it with chicken or pork, I bet that will taste just as good as the steak. Thanks for the new marinade!! Oh, I also put some onions in with the steak while it was cooking and found them to be very tasty with the steak!!
This wasn't as flavorful as I thought it would be. Really didn't taste the citrus.