Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a different take on stuffed peppers, combining pumpkin, tomatoes, apricots and nuts with spices for a yummy vegetarian meal. The recipe suggests serving it with quinoa. From a wine advertisement in a magazine.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large red chili pepper, deseeed and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 large vine tomatoes, chopped
- 450 g pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and diced
- 75 g ready-to-eat dried apricots, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 30 g sliced almonds
- 4 red peppers
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C., gas mark 4.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onion 4-5 minutes, stirring until soft.
- Add chilli, garlic, tomatoes and pumpkin and cook 8-10 minutes. Stir in apricots, cinnamon and almonds. Season.
- Stuff the peppers with mixture and place in a roasting.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until pumpkin is tender.