Top Review by hica
I was just about to post this recipe and thought I'd search first to see if anyone else had. My son and I LOVE this dish, unfortunately my husband is put off by the thought of peanut butter and pork together, so I only make it when he's not here. To anyone who has the same hesitation, get past it and try it, it really is delicious. I double the recipe so we have leftovers, and my son and I eat it for days. ;)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup carrot
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 quart chicken stock
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat Olive Oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic onion, bell pepper and carrots (saute 2 minutes).
- Add pork, paprika, sugar, cumin& cayenne pepper (salt& pepper to taste).
- Brown pork on all sides.
- Add chicken stock, scaping the bottom of pan to deglaze it.
- Add peanut butter and bring to boil (stirring constantly).
- Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- serve with rice.