Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup carrot
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 quart chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- Heat Olive Oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic onion, bell pepper and carrots (saute 2 minutes).
- Add pork, paprika, sugar, cumin& cayenne pepper (salt& pepper to taste).
- Brown pork on all sides.
- Add chicken stock, scaping the bottom of pan to deglaze it.
- Add peanut butter and bring to boil (stirring constantly).
- Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- serve with rice.
I was just about to post this recipe and thought I'd search first to see if anyone else had. My son and I LOVE this dish, unfortunately my husband is put off by the thought of peanut butter and pork together, so I only make it when he's not here. To anyone who has the same hesitation, get past it and try it, it really is delicious. I double the recipe so we have leftovers, and my son and I eat it for days. ;)
I made this for dinner last night, instructions on how to prepare carrots, peppers and pork aren't very clear but it doesnt take much to work out how to chop a few ingredients. :) And it certainly doesnt take anything away from the end result of this dish. The cayenne pepper was just the 'right' amount of hot for my family, and the creamy peanut sauce was just delicious. I will definitely make this again. I added a few green onions to each individual serving for colour. Thanks for posting!