Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
An easy dish for weeknight dinner.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄4 cup onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 1 (6 ounce) package noodles
- parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Brown ground beef. Pour off excess fat, if any.
- Add flour. Add carrots, onion, and seasonings. Mix well.
- Pour tomato juice over meat. Cover; simmer 20 to 30 minutes. Stir often.
- Cook noodles as directed on box. Drain.
- Place cooked noodles in serving dish; pour meat mixture over noodles.
- Top with grated cheese.
I made this exactly as written using medium egg noodles. It makes a simple, delicious and hardy meal. I love the addition of the grated carrots. Made for ZWT7