Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is really good! It is from Connie Guttersen, author of the Sonoma Diet. Serve it by itself or with mango chutney. Cook time is marinading time.
- 1 -12 ounce flank steak, trimmed
- salt and pepper
- 1 orange, juice of
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro leaf
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin, toasted
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander, toasted (or to taste)
- Season steak with salt and pepper.
- Let sit 10 minutes.
- Combine orange juice, garlic, cilantro, chiles, olive oil, vinegar, spices, salt and pepper (to taste) in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place steak in a ziplock bag and pour in marinade.
- Let sit for 1 hour.
- Remove steak and discard marinade.
- Grill until desired doneness.
- Let sit 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
Great recipe! You could definitely marinate longer, but you don't need too. We served with a salsa (pico de gallo or pebre), a really nice combo. Definitely important to let the steak sit for 5 minutes or so after coming off of the grill so that the juices settle. Thanks Susie for a great recipe!
Loved the flavor of this meat. I chose to marnate the flank steak overnight, and the result was very tender and juicy steak. Served with sweet potatoe latkes #82423, which were a very nice compliment. Thank you Susie for sharing the recipe.