Recipe by susie cooks
This is really good! It is from Connie Guttersen, author of the Sonoma Diet. Serve it by itself or with mango chutney. Cook time is marinading time.
Top Review by Mrs Goodall
Great recipe! You could definitely marinate longer, but you don't need too. We served with a salsa (pico de gallo or pebre), a really nice combo. Definitely important to let the steak sit for 5 minutes or so after coming off of the grill so that the juices settle. Thanks Susie for a great recipe!
- 1 -12 ounce flank steak, trimmed
- salt and pepper
- 1 orange, juice of
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro leaf
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin, toasted
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander, toasted (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Season steak with salt and pepper.
- Let sit 10 minutes.
- Combine orange juice, garlic, cilantro, chiles, olive oil, vinegar, spices, salt and pepper (to taste) in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place steak in a ziplock bag and pour in marinade.
- Let sit for 1 hour.
- Remove steak and discard marinade.
- Grill until desired doneness.
- Let sit 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.