1/1 Photo of South American Flank Steak
1 hr 20 mins
susie cooks's Note:
This is really good! It is from Connie Guttersen, author of the Sonoma Diet. Serve it by itself or with mango chutney. Cook time is marinading time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -12 ounce flank steak, trimmed
- salt and pepper
- 1 orange, juice of
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro leaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin, toasted
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander, toasted (or to taste)
- 1Season steak with salt and pepper.
- 2Let sit 10 minutes.
- 3Combine orange juice, garlic, cilantro, chiles, olive oil, vinegar, spices, salt and pepper (to taste) in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- 4Place steak in a ziplock bag and pour in marinade.
- 5Let sit for 1 hour.
- 6Remove steak and discard marinade.
- 7Grill until desired doneness.
- 8Let sit 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South American Flank Steak
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.9
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 2.9 mg
- Sodium 9.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo