Top Review by magpie diner
Very nice salad...! I followed the recipe ingredients as written except for the oil....where based on what the other reviewers wrote, I only used a tbsp or so. I think anymore and it would have been too wet (let alone it just doesn't need it). I also toasted the quinoa. I think next time I might cook the quinoa in veggie broth, just for a little extra flavour. Thanks Deb, this was very fresh and has nice flavour. I'm planning to make this again for a large BBQ party in a few weeks.
- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 -2 red chili pepper, chopped (optional)
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 avocado, dice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place Quinoa in a medium-sized pan, add the water, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until the liquid is absorbed, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff it with a fork. Transfer the Quinoa to a large bowl and cool to room temperature.
- Sprinkle quinoa with the salt and pepper and fold in 4 tablespoons of the lemon juice and the oil. Gently fold in the cilantro and garlic.
- Toss the avocado with remaining tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Fold the corn, onion, (chili pepper if using) tomatoes, cucumbers and avocado into the Quinoa. Serve at room temperature.