1 hr 5 mins
Cheri Lee's Note:
This recipe was shared with me by a friend from South Africa. I'm usually not a lover of curry but this was so good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Over medium high heat, pour canola oil in a large, heated saute pan.
- 2Add onion and garlic and saute until light brown.
- 3Add pepper and then tomatoes.
- 4Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 5Lower heat to medium.
- 6Add meat, curry and nutmeg and cook for 15 minutes.
- 7Add 1 cup water and then rice; stir and cover.
- 8Cook at medium heat for 40-50 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 9IMPORTANT: ADD WATER AS NEEDED TO KEEP RICE FROM STICKING TO PAN.
- 10Serve as is or with tortillas.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South African Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.4
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 24.6 mg
- Sodium 27.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 11.4 g