Recipe by BakinBaby
Spiced with Harissa, serrano chilies,black olives and cumin topped with feta cheese and almonds. A delightful warm weather salad. This is a recipe I put together for ZWT-7, Africa.
Top Review by loof
Very interesting and tasty salad! I made as directed but left the onions off my serving (don't care for them); next time I think I'll leave the olives off too as I thought the salad was better without them. The mint was a nice complement to the spicy dressing and sweet melon. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon harissa (or other hot sauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon serrano chili (seeded, chopped fine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin (kamoun)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (tahmira)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 -4 cups watermelon (rine removed, chunked,chilled)
- 1⁄2 red onion (sliced thin)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (fresh-chopped)
- 2 tablespoons mint (fresh- chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup black olives (Moroccan olives, pitted-or other oil cured black olives, coarsely chopped)
- 2 ounces feta cheese (crumbled about 1/2 c.)
- 3 tablespoons almonds (slivered-optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil,lemon juice,spices and salt/pepper, allow to set in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Arrange watermelon chunks on individual serving plates, sprinkle with onion,parsley,mint,olives and feta, drizzle dressing on top.
- Top with almonds if desired.