- 125 g butter
- 125 ml cream
- 125 ml caster sugar
- 625 ml self raising flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon strawberry essence
- 200 g strawberry jam
- 375 ml boiling water
- 1 teaspoon food coloring (pink or red)
- desiccated coconut, as required
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar till fluffly. Beat in cream. Add flour and knead to make soft dough.
- Divide dough into 24 balls. Flatten each ball slightly.
- Place 12 each on cookie sheets.
- Bake in oven preheated at 180 degrees celcius for 15 minutes ortill edges are brown.
- Beat jam with a fork. Add boiling water and colouring and whisk till smooth.
- Sandwich two cooled cakes with a bit of jam/water syrup.
- Then dip the two sanwiched cakes in the syrup.
- Roll in coconut and leave uncovered for a bit to dry.