Rooibos tea (known in Britain as Redbush), grown in South Africa is naturally caffiene free and low in tannins so it's healthier and doesn't have the heavy tannin taste that puts me off most regular teas. You can also buy Organic Rooibos which is even better. This iced tea lasts for ages in the fridge and it's really light and refreshing!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the orange and lemon into 4 thick slices each.
- 2Put all the ingredients into a glass jug and cover with boiling water.
- 3Leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- 4Strain, lightly squeezing the excess liquid from the teabags, fruit and mint.
- 5Pour strained tea into a 2L container and top up with cold water.
- 6Serve over ice with a little sugar syrup (if you like it sweeter) and a few slices of mixed citrus fruit (if you want to show off) -- .
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South African Rooibos (Redbush) Iced Tea
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 13.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: