Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
Posted for the Zaar Tour 2006.
- 3 extra-large eggs, largest size, separated
- 1 cup superfine sugar (caster sugar)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (not soda)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 ounces unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350deg F/180 deg Celsius.
- Grease an oven dish which can handle 6 cups liquid.
- Whisk egg yolks until light and pale.
- Add the superfine sugar tablespoon by tablespoon, whisking well after each addition.
- Add peanut butter and whisk inches.
- Sift the dry ingredients together, and add to the egg mixture alternately with the milk.
- Add vanilla and chopped peanuts and whisk inches.
- With very clean beaters, whisk the egg whites until very stiff, and fold into the mixture. (Using a whisk helps. Zee).
- Pour into the prepared oven dish.
- Place the dish in an oven pan and fill the with boiling water from a kettle until it comes about halfway up sides of pudding dish.
- Bake about 55 minutes or until golden brown and set.
- Serve warm, with thin custard.