Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have lost and found this recipe so many times I am finally committing it to Zaar. From Fair Lady, May 14, 1986
- Put sugar and water into a large heavy saucepan.
- Stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the butter and syrup and stil until the butter has melted.
- Add the condensed milk and stir until it comes to the boil.
- Boil very slowly, stirring all the time, until soft ball stage.
- Remove from the stove, add the vanilla and beat until it thickens.
- Pour into a greased pan and leave to cool.
- Cut into squares when cold.