Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from Time/Life Foods of the World. This salad may be made a day or two in advance.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 8 ounces pitted dates, cut into quarters
- 1 medium onion, peeled, cut lengthwise into quarters and then crosswise into 1/8-inch slivers
- Combine vinegar, salt and sugar in a serving bowl and stir until sugar dissolves completely.
- Add dates and onions, and stir to coat.
- Serve immediately, or cover tightly and refrigerate.
Unique! Made as a last minute side for DH to pack in his lunch giving it a quick taste as he whisked it out the door and was not overly impressed. This recipe was made as written and does state can be served immediately or chilled and then served, but after my quick immediate taste think it would benefit from the optional chill time. Thanks for the post.