Recipe by Elaniemay
Got this from a friend of mine in South Africa. I usually use Chicken breasts cut into 1 in. pieces as it cuts down on cooking time.
Top Review by SuzTheQ
Really enjoyed this recipe. I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs which I cut into bite sized pieces. I also used yams for the potato, and salted to taste, which was less than the recipe called for. Great combination of flavors- thanks for a keeper recipe!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 6 pieces chicken
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- potato, cubed (personal preference)
- 2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in a little oil til soft.
- Add curry powder and turmeric.Saute for 30 sec. Don't let burn!
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook down to a paste.
- Add garlic and ginger.
- Add chicken and potatoes.
- Salt to taste and let simmer until chicken and potatoes are done.