Recipe by MarraMamba
I really love curried eggs when i want something yummy but easy on a hot night (spicy foods go well with steamy days). It saves cooking meat, boiling eggs can be done in the morning before the rest of the day happens
Top Review by Good Looking Cooking
Wow, did this take me back to me childhood in SA - just like my mum used to make it - I love vinegar curry - I used quite a hot curry, added 1/2 teaspoon tumeric and only used 1 cup of water - Delicious!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons hot curry powder
- 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a saucepan and saute onions gently until just browned.
- Remove from heat. In a small bowl, mix curry powder, flour, salt, pepper and sugar into the vinegar. Incorporate curry mixture into onions and stir, slowly adding the water.
- Simmer continuously for 10-15 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly. Arrange halved eggs on a warm dish, and spoon on the curry sauce.