1/7 Photos of South African Curried Eggs
I really love curried eggs when i want something yummy but easy on a hot night (spicy foods go well with steamy days). It saves cooking meat, boiling eggs can be done in the morning before the rest of the day happens
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat butter in a saucepan and saute onions gently until just browned.
- 2Remove from heat. In a small bowl, mix curry powder, flour, salt, pepper and sugar into the vinegar. Incorporate curry mixture into onions and stir, slowly adding the water.
- 3Simmer continuously for 10-15 minutes.
- 4Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly. Arrange halved eggs on a warm dish, and spoon on the curry sauce.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South African Curried Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (480 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.7
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 590.0 mg
- Sodium 1461.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 21.2 g