1/3 Photos of South African - Curried Carrot Salad
1 hr 15 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
This recipe is also from the web site Rainbow Nation Connecting South Africa and has been posted here for the ZWT-7 Tour of Africa. Most South African BBQ's always have a number of salads to compliment the meats. This curried carrot salad is one example of the wonderful salads typically served.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the carrots and slice thinly.
- 2Cover the slices with water and boil just until soft then drain and set aside until needed.
- 3Peel and halve the onions and slice thinly then cover the onions with boiling water and leave to stand for 15 minutes, then drain the onions.
- 4In a large pot add the cooked carrots and onions, white vinegar, sugar, raisins, salt, cloves and black peppercorns and bring to a boil.
- 5Mix the corn flour and curry powder with 1/2 cup of water.
- 6Now add the curry mixture to the carrot mixture and let boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Spoon the hot curried carrots into clean hot jars and seal immediately.
Browse Our Top South African Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All South African Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South African - Curried Carrot Salad
Serving Size: 1 (2599 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.5
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 606.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 73.2 g
- Protein 2.6 g