Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Basically a South African curry dish. I got this recipes from an issue of Ebony magazine some time ago. They were featuring dishes from South Africa. My husband loved it and said it reminded him of home. You can adjust the spice to taste by adding more or less curry powder and cayenne pepper
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs boiler fryer chickens (ready to cook)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 whole onion
- 3 -4 teaspoons curry powder, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, left whole just smashed a bit
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup water
- Place all ingredients into a large stock pot with a lid.
- Bring to a boil on high heat for 15 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium.
- Simmer for one hour.
- Serve over rice.
I lost my handwritten copy of this wonderfully delicious recipe and I knew if I went to RecipeZaar I would find it again, it's quick, easy and delicious!! I recommend 5 stars.