A few ingredients, but easy meal with fall-off-the-bone chicken. Requires overnight marinating. Comes from The Frantic Family Cookbook.
- In large zipper-type bag, combine onions, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken pieces and zip up the bag.
- Roll the chicken around in the bag to coat.
- Refrigerate over night to marinate.
- Remove chicken from the marinade and pour the marinade into the crockpot.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown the chicken pieces in a little olive oil.
- Transfer chicken to crockpot, putting the dark meat pieces on the bottom, white meat on top.
- Cover with lid and cook on low-setting for 4-6 hours, or until chicken is thoroughly done.
- When chicken is done, remove from crockpot and reserve, keeping warm.
- Transfer the remaining cooking juices and onions into a skillet and cook for about 10 minutes, or until reduced by half.
- Serve the chicken with brown rice and spoon the reduced sauce over everything.