1/1 Photo of South African Chicken
6 hrs 30 mins
A few ingredients, but easy meal with fall-off-the-bone chicken. Requires overnight marinating. Comes from The Frantic Family Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large zipper-type bag, combine onions, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- 2Add the chicken pieces and zip up the bag.
- 3Roll the chicken around in the bag to coat.
- 4Refrigerate over night to marinate.
- 5Remove chicken from the marinade and pour the marinade into the crockpot.
- 6In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown the chicken pieces in a little olive oil.
- 7Transfer chicken to crockpot, putting the dark meat pieces on the bottom, white meat on top.
- 8Cover with lid and cook on low-setting for 4-6 hours, or until chicken is thoroughly done.
- 9When chicken is done, remove from crockpot and reserve, keeping warm.
- 10Transfer the remaining cooking juices and onions into a skillet and cook for about 10 minutes, or until reduced by half.
- 11Serve the chicken with brown rice and spoon the reduced sauce over everything.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South African Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.5
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 106.9 mg
- Sodium 103.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 26.3 g