- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, peeled & grated
- 3 small chilies, seeded & chopped (or not if you don't want it hot)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded & chopped
- 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 (8 ounce) can pork and beans in tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, shredded
- salt & pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan & sauté onions until soft & transparent.
- Add garlic, ginger & chilli, cook for a minute or two before adding curry powder, then cook for another minute to develop flavour.
- Add vegetables, bring to the boil then turn down the heat & simmer gently for about 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are cooked, adding water if necessary. Season to taste.