Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I'm not sure where this recipe came from but it is very good. Serve with brown rice. Can also top with shredded coconut and chutney.
- 3⁄4 lb carrot, peeled
- 3⁄4 lb green beans, rinsed and ends trimmed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cauliflower, rinsed (1 head)
- 1 green bell pepper, rinsed, stemmed and seeded
- 1⁄2 lb dried peaches (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced (1/2 lb)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 cinnamon sticks (each 2 inches)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded
- salt, to taste
- Slice carrots 1/2 inch think.
- Cut green beans into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Cut pepper and peaches into 1 inch pieces.
- Cut cauliflower into 1 1/2 inch florets.
- In a 6 quart pan, saute onion, ginger, garlic and cinnamon sticks in oil about 5 minutes or until onion is limp.
- Add curry powder and turmeric, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add all remaining ingredients except salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add salt.
A delicious curry that my parents, who are vegetarian, enjoyed tonight. I served this with white Basmati rice and assorted sambals of coconut, chutney, peanuts and chopped tomato. I did not add the cabbage - I did not have any and I was unsure of adding such a vast amount of cabbage! I did add (in its place) some red lentils and a couple of pieces of quorn. Made for 5 A Day in the Photos Forum. Thanks so much! FT:-)