I'm not sure where this recipe came from but it is very good. Serve with brown rice. Can also top with shredded coconut and chutney.
- 3⁄4 lb carrot, peeled
- 3⁄4 lb green beans, rinsed and ends trimmed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cauliflower, rinsed (1 head)
- 1 green bell pepper, rinsed, stemmed and seeded
- 1⁄2 lb dried peaches (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced (1/2 lb)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 cinnamon sticks (each 2 inches)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded
- salt, to taste
- Slice carrots 1/2 inch think.
- Cut green beans into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Cut pepper and peaches into 1 inch pieces.
- Cut cauliflower into 1 1/2 inch florets.
- In a 6 quart pan, saute onion, ginger, garlic and cinnamon sticks in oil about 5 minutes or until onion is limp.
- Add curry powder and turmeric, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add all remaining ingredients except salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add salt.