1/2 Photos of South Africa Vegetable Curry
I'm not sure where this recipe came from but it is very good. Serve with brown rice. Can also top with shredded coconut and chutney.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb carrot, peeled
- 3/4 lb green beans, rinsed and ends trimmed
- 1 1/2 lbs cauliflower, rinsed (1 head)
- 1 green bell pepper, rinsed, stemmed and seeded
- 1/2 lb dried peaches (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced (1/2 lb)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 cinnamon sticks (each 2 inches)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded
- salt, to taste
- 1Slice carrots 1/2 inch think.
- 2Cut green beans into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- 3Cut pepper and peaches into 1 inch pieces.
- 4Cut cauliflower into 1 1/2 inch florets.
- 5In a 6 quart pan, saute onion, ginger, garlic and cinnamon sticks in oil about 5 minutes or until onion is limp.
- 6Add curry powder and turmeric, stirring for 30 seconds.
- 7Add all remaining ingredients except salt.
- 8Bring to a boil.
- 9Cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- 10Add salt.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for South Africa Vegetable Curry
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.7
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 89.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: