Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted for ZWTII Tour . . .Another QETH (quick, easy, tasty and healthy) recipe from the Galley Wench
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cut into thin slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 fresh hot green chili pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Arrange tomato slices in a serving dish. Sprinkle with salt, sugar, and minced chile pepper.
- Drizzle on the vinegar.
- Let salad sit for about 15 minutes before serving.
Simple yet tasty! Sweet,tart, hot and refreshing! I made this again not realizing that I made it 2 years ago! I used yellow banana pepper which I think was mismarked because it was very spicy. I used balsamic vinegar. And served on a bed of fresh picked greens.
Simple, fresh and light. I loved the little bite from the pepper. I'll be making this again. Thanks for posting this recipe.
Easy & so fresh tasting! I didn't have any green chili peppers on hand so I just used a light sprinkle of ground red pepper and dried basil over the tomatoes.