Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posting for ZWT 7. This recipe comes from www.globalgourmet.com/destinations/southafrica
Make and share this South Africa Green Bean Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sweet white onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced stuffed green olive
- Cook the beans in a large pot of boiling water until tender. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir well. Add the onions, green olives, and hot beans and toss until coated.
- Serve immediately.
I kicked this up a notch and used jalapeno stuffed olives (because that's what I had) and it turned out really nice. I never thought to put olives with green beans thank you. Made for ZWT 7 Saucy Silverados.
This is a great dish! We love it and have had it several times. Thanks for posting :)
Wonderful salad! I'm not a huge olive fan, but they really worked well in this, as did the lemon juice. I served it at room temp, but refrigerated the leftovers and they are good cold too! Made for ZWT 7, Vivacious Violets.