- 2 lbs mackerel, filleted,skinned,and deboned
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 slices onions (thin)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each fillet into 6 pieces.
- Put in a baking dish in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with onion.
- Add mustard seed, celery seed, turmeric, salt, vinegar, and water.
- Cover the dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
- I keep any leftovers in a covered glass dish in the fridge.