Recipe by SouthAussie
My grandfather was a professional fisherman and used to make this all the time. Delicious on toast for breakfast. The vinegar in this recipe dissolves any small bones after a few weeks.
- 50 mullet fillets (any fish can be used)
- 1 brown onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- white vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay out the fish fillets in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the salt on top.
- Slice the onion into rings and spread on top.
- Pour the oil on top.
- Add enough vinegar to just cover the fish fillets.
- Cover dish and cook for one hour at 180°C.
- Cool and store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- The fish taste great fresh but get better after a few weeks.