Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a recipe book on 18th century frontier outpost recipes. Time is a guesstimate.
- 3 cups apples, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup raisins or 2⁄3 cup red currants
- 1 cup dried peaches
- 1 cup berry wine or 1 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- Add all ingredients to kettle and simmer until peaches are tender.
- Serve hot with a supper of cold fowl and bread.
- Rose hip tea is pleasurable with this meal.
This is a great sweet treat! I served this over some vanilla frozen yougurt for a very tasty dessert (I didnt think fowl or bread would suit my taste buds with this lol). Super simple to make, and tasty which makes it a ten star here!