Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar or 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sourdough starter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon raisins
- 1⁄4 cup nuts
- Mix oil, sugar,egg and starter and milk.
- Stir until sugar is well dissolved.
- Stir in zucchini.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix into zucchini mixture just to blend well.
- Fold in raisins and nuts.
- Grease and flour a pan that will hold mixture 2/3 full.
- Bake 325°F, one hour or tested done. Cool in pan 5 minutes before removing.
- Remove and cool on rack completely.
- Wrap and mellow overnight before cutting.
I love anything with sourdough in it, and this bread was no exception. I like to add 1 cup of chopped walnuts and a little more cinnamon and a little nutmeg. Excellent bread!
Okay, but I think this recipe needed more of main ingredient--the zucchini!
Sourdough sweet bread? I knew it wasn't what I was looking for, but yet I made it anyway. The neighbor liked it. I thought cinnamon and sweet with the sour didn't really work for me. I don't understand why the sourdough starter is in this recipe... it contains Baking powder and soda for leavening.