Great sourdough bread that can be made in the bread machine with the dough cycle.
Make and share this Sourdough Whole Wheat Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Measure the culture into bread machine pan.
- Add remaining ingredients, with flour being last.
- Set machine for dough cycle and start.
- At end of cycle, remove dough from machine and shape into desired loaf.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled--this can take as little as 1 hour or several hours, depending on what type of starter you use and how active it is.
- Top of loaf can be slashed at this stage, if desired.
- Uncover and bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes, or until done.
- Remove from baking pan and cool on wire rack.
- NOTE: I don't let my dough rise in the dough cycle; I just remove it after the kneading is completed and shape my loaf, then let loaf rise.
this turned out beautifully! i must admit that it looked pretty flat after sitting on the counter in "rise" mode for 2 hours. but there was nothing to worry about-it baked up a nice, plump loaf and had great texture, color, crust and flavor. i will definitely pursue more sourdoughs without a yeast "push!"
This turned out PERFECT!!! I didn't use a bread machine (because I am experienced with bread making) and all of the ingredients and amounts made a PERFECT bread for me. I feel the "bread machine" statement in the description is sufficient, and doesn't warrant a shoddy rating, as this recipe is a definite keeper! Thank you!!
This turned out amazing!!! I was skeptical because my bread machine had to work a little harder than I'm used to. I wondered if there was enough moisture. But, I worried for nothing because it is a perfect loaf of bread. I can slice super thin slices without it falling apart, too. Thanks, Donna!!