Great sourdough bread that can be made in the bread machine with the dough cycle.
Make and share this Sourdough Whole Wheat Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Measure the culture into bread machine pan.
- Add remaining ingredients, with flour being last.
- Set machine for dough cycle and start.
- At end of cycle, remove dough from machine and shape into desired loaf.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled--this can take as little as 1 hour or several hours, depending on what type of starter you use and how active it is.
- Top of loaf can be slashed at this stage, if desired.
- Uncover and bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes, or until done.
- Remove from baking pan and cool on wire rack.
- NOTE: I don't let my dough rise in the dough cycle; I just remove it after the kneading is completed and shape my loaf, then let loaf rise.