1/5 Photos of Sourdough Whole Wheat Bread
3 hrs 40 mins
Donna M.'s Note:
Great sourdough bread that can be made in the bread machine with the dough cycle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Measure the culture into bread machine pan.
- 2Add remaining ingredients, with flour being last.
- 3Set machine for dough cycle and start.
- 4At end of cycle, remove dough from machine and shape into desired loaf.
- 5Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled--this can take as little as 1 hour or several hours, depending on what type of starter you use and how active it is.
- 6Top of loaf can be slashed at this stage, if desired.
- 7Uncover and bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes, or until done.
- 8Remove from baking pan and cool on wire rack.
- 9NOTE: I don't let my dough rise in the dough cycle; I just remove it after the kneading is completed and shape my loaf, then let loaf rise.
Browse Our Top Sourdough Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sourdough Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sourdough Whole Wheat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1673.7
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 78.1 mg
- Sodium 2595.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 303.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 24.3 g
- Sugars 26.4 g
- Protein 47.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: