1/2 Photos of Sourdough Three Grain Bread (ABM)
I was inspired by Donna M's #32194, which I love dearly to create a bread with additional grains which would please my DH & DS, who love multi grain bread. So using her recipe as a guide this is the bread I created today. It turned out a beautiful loaf and was enjoyed by my men. I have to admit for someone who usually isn't fond of multi grain bread I found it pretty tasty too. I used flax seed meal as one of my grains because I heard from a doctor that flax seed is one of the most healthy grains we should be using. It takes so little to have big health advantages as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups proofed sourdough starter
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 -3 1/2 cups white bread flour
- 2 tablespoons white bread flour
- 1/4 cup rolled wheat flakes
- 2 tablespoons whole ground flax seed meal
- 1/3 cup rolled oatmeal
- 1/4 cup potato flakes
- 1Place ingredients in your bread machine in the order recommended by the instructions of your machine.
- 2Select the dough cycle and start.
- 3Listen for the end of the first kneading.
- 4Do not let it raise in the machine since most sourdough breads especially those using wild yeast since they raise best if only raised once.
- 5As you take out the dough spray it lightly with a spray oil product to assist in the handling since the dough will be soft.
- 6Shape into desired shape.
- 7Let raise until double in size.
- 8(Sourdough breads usually take 3 to 4 hours to rise if they don't have added yeast.).
- 9If using a metal loaf pan grease well.
- 10If using a stoneware loaf pan lightly spray with spray oil then sprinkle sides and bottom with cornmeal.
- 11If using a round stone simply sprinkle with cornmeal.
- 12Bake 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- 13Remove immediately from pan, lightly baste top of bread with butter or margarine and cool on a rack before slicing or slice with an electric knife which works well on hot bread.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sourdough Three Grain Bread (ABM)
Serving Size: 1 (828 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2632.2
- Calories from Fat 692
- Total Fat 76.9 g
- Saturated Fat 42.2 g
- Cholesterol 195.2 mg
- Sodium 4163.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 415.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.4 g
- Sugars 52.3 g
- Protein 67.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: