1/5 Photos of Sourdough Sunflower Bread
3 hrs 45 mins
Donna M.'s Note:
Mmmmm...try this toasted with peanut butter!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Measure all ingredients into bread machine pan, in order that they are listed.
- 2Set machine for dough cycle and start.
- 3At end of dough cycle, remove dough to lightly floured surface and shape into loaf.
- 4Place in greased loaf pan, cover and let rise until bread is 1 to 2 inches above edges of pan.
- 5Be patient, sourdough without the addition of commercial yeast can take up to several hours to rise.
- 6Bake at 375 degrees F for 40 to 50 minutes.
- 7Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- 8Top can be brushed with butter for a soft crust, if desired.
- 9NOTE: To proof your starter, feed it with equal parts of flour and lukewarm water, then let it sit overnight or up to 12 hours, covered.
- 10This is what develops the characteristic sour flavor and the longer the proof, the sourer it will be.
- 11If you start with 1 cup of starter and feed it 1 cup each of water and flour, you should have enough to make your bread and save the rest to start your next batch.
Browse Our Top Sourdough Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sourdough Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sourdough Sunflower Bread
Serving Size: 1 (679 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2242.4
- Calories from Fat 615
- Total Fat 68.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 78.1 mg
- Sodium 2567.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 362.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 34.7 g
- Sugars 72.7 g
- Protein 64.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: