1/3 Photos of Sourdough Sugar Cookies
1 hr 30 mins
These sourdough cookies cookies have replaced standard sugar cookies. I make them now for the children to decorate' and to hang on their Christmas tree.
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sourdough starter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemons or 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Egg Yolk Paint
- 1Cookies: Cream together shortening and sugar.
- 2Add eggs, sourdough starter, and flavorings;.
- 3mix well.
- 4Stir flour mixture into starter mixture until well blended.
- 5Chill dough, if desired.
- 6Roll out dough 1/4-inch thick and cut with cookie cutters.
- 7Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 8Bake at 350° until very lightly browned.
- 9Remove immediately from oven and transfer cookies to cooling rack.
- 10When cool, paint with egg yolk paint.
- 11Use clean paint brush.
- 12Decorate with icing.
- 13Egg-Yolk Paint: Blend together egg yolks, water, desired good coloring and corn syrup to sweeten.
- 14If you want to use more than one color, divide into small jars before adding color.
- 15Icing: Combine ingredients.
- 16Beat with electric mixer at high speed for 7-10 minutes--Icing is now ready to use.
- 17Keep bowl covered with damp cloth to prevent drying.
- 18Icing will dry very hard and cookies are stackable.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sourdough Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1882 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2433.2
- Calories from Fat 718
- Total Fat 79.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 421.2 mg
- Sodium 1128.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 401.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 251.3 g
- Protein 31.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: