Prep 120 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is just the starter recipe, and is by request from a forum.
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water.
- Stir in 2 cups lukewarm water, 2 cups flour, 1 tsp salt and 1 tblsp sugar.
- Beat until smooth.
- Let stand, uncovered, at room temperature 3-5 days.
- Stir 2-3 times daily, cover at night.
- Starter should have yeasty not sour smell.
- Cover and refrigerate till ready to make bread.